Young BAFTA Showcase
Join us at BAFTA HQ for a day of presentations and drop-in activity to encourage and develop young people’s creativity. Presentations are hosted by BAFTA Young Presenter winners and include conversations with BAFTA nominated voice over artist, Lizzie Waterworth and animation director, Simone Giampaolo (Only A Child).
There’s a range of activities across Young BAFTA initiatives: Young Creators, Young Game Designers and Young Presenters at this fun day out for families with exclusive partner content and a focus on 7-14 year olds. Doors open 11am and all activities end by 4pm.
Official Supporters to the Young BAFTA Showcase are Cartoon Network, Moonbug Entertainment and Nickelodeon.
Activity in the Princess Anne Theatre includes 4 x presentations hosted by BAFTA Young Presenters:
11.30am: In conversation with voiceover artist Lizzie Waterworth regarding performance skills and how they can be used for everyday confidence.
12.30pm: In conversation with animation director Simone Giampaolo and how film can be used as content for change.
2pm: In conversation with BAFTA Young Presenters including BAFTA nominated Braydon Bent and Jeriah Kibusi from Sky News’ FYI.
3pm: In conversation with BAFTA Young Game Designers. Hear from winners, alumni and what the judges are looking for.
Activity in the Run Run Shaw Theatre (third floor) includes screening of partner content plus 4 x half hour sessions (approx. 12pm, 1.15pm, 2.30pm, 3.15pm) with a peek into the world of Nickelodeon trailers. See how an idea on paper comes to life on screen, discuss the creative choices you’ll need to make in the process, and learn what it takes to make a 30 minute show into a 30 second trailer.
Activity in the Creative & Future Galleries (second floor) includes the Young Presenter zone and working with an autocue; timed workshop sessions with voiceover artist Lizzie Waterworth (approx 12:30pm, 2pm, 3pm); photo ops with large BAFTA award.
Activity in the Ray Dolby Room (first floor) includes: Young Game Designers concept design workshop with industry guests from Tt Games; 10 stations with games from our partners and 2022/23 YGD winners; character design and competition with Moonbug Entertainment creatives and prizes supplied by our Young BAFTA Showcase partners; regular timed craft-making sessions to create your own Plom character from Pop Paper City and meet Plom in person; activity sheets from Cartoon Network’s The Heroic Quest of the Valiant Prince Ivandoe; photobooth.
BAFTA is an arts charity that is open and welcoming to everyone. This means we want every visit to BAFTA 195 Piccadilly to be as enjoyable and comfortable as possible.
Please be advised:
- If you are attending one of our events at 195 Piccadilly and have access requirements, then please email email@example.com with as much notice as possible to discuss these with us.
- If you would prefer to speak to someone over the phone to discuss access requirements, please call our dedicated reception team on 020 7734 0022.
- If you are a wheelchair user then please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your space alongside any accompanying guest(s), with as much notice as possible. Wheelchair spaces are available in the front row.
- If you are visually impaired and require seats in the front row, please email email@example.com to book your space alongside any accompanying guest(s), with as much notice as possible.
- Accompanying assistants, carers or companions can attend free of charge. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org ahead of the event to book this complimentary ticket.
- Please find a comprehensive Access Guide for our building HERE.
- Our newly developed building has been designed with accessibility in mind, and we have made improvements including adding an additional lift, widening doors and corridors, removing steps and ledges and installing disabled toilets on every floor. Working with Peter Connell Associates, we have made significant changes to improve accessibility, and we will engage with our audiences to continue to improve.
Terms and Conditions
By purchasing a ticket for this event, you agree to the terms and conditions listed below:
Please see here for our Academy Screenings and Events Code.
Please note, the use of professional photography or recording equipment is prohibited during this event.
|Public Adult (Day Pass)||£5.00|
|Public Concession (Day Pass)||£3.00|